top of page
JAN 2023 - AUG 2023
Adventure Kitty: Drill Buster is an action platformer, I was in charge of creating all the interfaces that can be found in the game. Ranging from Main Menu, Select Screens and the In-Game Menu. Also making sure that all the interfaces fit the overall aesthetic and style of the game.
• Conduct interviews with current players of the game and gather their feedback.
• Crafted wireframes, interactive prototypes, visuals and UI assets.
• Main UI/UX & Visual Designer.
• Trying to design unique menus with a limited set of art assets.
• Ensuring that the UI is consistent with the game's overall aesthetic.
• Implementing the interface in engine and ensuring all the animations are functioning properly.
• Incorporate feedback from players into the UI design process.
• Create a user interface that is intuitive, easy to use, and visually appealing.
Since it's a project with a limited set of art assets, I need to find ways to make the menus different from each other while maintaining an overarching similar aesthetic. Also, I got to make sure that the interfaces are appealing to new players and something that existing players and fans of the genre can easily recognize. There are quite a few game modes, s its going to be challenging trying to make all of them feel different but same enough that they all belong in the same game.
IDEATE & FLOW
Take a look at a list of references and lay out a flow for the UI/Game.
Create wireframes and mockups to visualize my ideas.
Get feedback from users to iterate on my designs and make sure they are meeting the needs of the users.
IDEATE & FLOW
These are some of the sketches/mockups for some of the menus and interfaces that can be found in the game. I try to sketch out ideas that I come up with before I take them to Adobe XD, this helps me go wild and come up with some unique layouts quick.
Once we had most of the levels, interfaces, music and art implemented, our team decided to conduct a playtest and see what features we can improve before the final release of the game. The playtesting sessions would be followed by an interview with the players with a set of questions like for example:
Can you differentitate between the various game modes?
Were the controls of the game easy to understand?
How can the results of various game modes be clearer (If applicable)?
Is the interface providing you with enough information?
• User testing is very important to ensure that the designs are being alligned with the needs of the user and the appropriate amount of information is being conveyed.
• Don't be afraid to explore different types of layouts and designs, not every game has to have the same type of design layouts and elements.
bottom of page